Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Boy or Girl?

I love the idea of waiting to find out what gender your baby is until he or she is born, but I couldn't do it this time. Perhaps another pregnancy. 

I was going to be 20 weeks when we were to be in Monroe for Peter's family reunion, so I called to see if they would do my anatomy ultrasound a week early. They said they would. Unfortunately, they didn't have a time that worked for Peter to come, so we decided that we would have them write the gender on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope so we could find out together.

The ultrasound was really cool because my doctor has them done by a perinatologist, so he is really knowledgeable about all the intricacies of the developing baby. Once he found out I was a nurse in the NICU, he got excited and started explaining everything in even more detail. It was so interesting. Baby already has one more organ than Mom; two kidneys! He had me look away while he checked out the gender, just in case it was really obvious. 

I decided to take the envelope to Dick's Bakery and have them make a cake with colored frosting in the middle, either pink or blue. Most of our family was busy that night, but Spencer and the kids came over while we cut the cake. 



We are so excited to welcome a little boy to our family at the beginning of December!

1 comment: