Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Happy April Fool's Day

I took a pregnancy test on March 26th, 4 weeks after my miscarriage and it was negative. Every day that my period didn't show up after that, I talked myself out of taking another test. I convinced myself that my cycle was thrown off from the miscarriage. That worked for about 5 days. 

I took another test on April 1st. The timing was funny, but I couldn't handle waiting anymore. I took it while Peter was at work. I was thinking that if it was negative, I just wouldn't even tell him about it. But, really, I would have told him about it either way. I didn't look at the test for over half an hour because I was convinced that it was negative and I didn't want to face it. I was so shocked when I saw that it was positive. I was so excited, of course, but also much more cautiously excited. 

I decided to wait and tell Peter in person when he got home from work. He usually runs right upstairs to change out of his slacks and button up shirt, so I left the test in plain sight in the bathroom, knowing he would discover it just minutes after getting home. Of course, this time, he sat down at the bar and talked to me while I prepared dinner. He finally went upstairs about half an hour after getting home. I heard his run up the stairs and his run right back down. He couldn't believe it. He was so excited as well. He couldn't believe that I had been able to keep it a secret for so long. We knelt and thanked our Heavenly Father for the opportunity to be pregnant again so soon and blessed this baby that it would stay with us and we would be able to start our family here on earth.


1 comment:

  1. I think I've read this post a million times. I always tear up for the last two sentences! Love you! and Baby Will... and Peter, of course!

    ReplyDelete