Monday, May 28, 2012

Making a house a home

I don't know why it took me so long to figure this out, but I am so much happier when I live in a place that feels good to me. Seems like common sense, right?


I think the hardest part was convincing myself it is okay to spend money on this house even though we won't be here forever. The investment is definitely worth the good effect it has on my mental health. 


We are slowly putting our house together and making it something that really reflects what I like and makes me happy to come home to.


We have done a lot of painting. (We did start with bright, yellow walls, after all. I really need to find those pictures. They are pretty epic.) We have also done some decorating, but I would never consider myself an expert at all in that area. We have also refinished some furniture. Most recently, we planted flowers in front of our house and also added some strawberries, cucumbers and tomatoes on the back patio.


It is really pretty great to have your own house. I was a little very overwhelmed when we moved in at the thought of trying to decorate such a large space, but I am learning to just take it one project at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment