Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Changes



Things around these parts are changing. Mostly they have changed since I haven't blogged in a month and a half, but there are changes, none the less. 


Peter started his new job in the middle of June and he is really enjoying it. He is already in charge of an entire lab and is getting a lot of valuable experience. He rides his motorcycle to work and his commute is only about 15 minutes. He enjoys riding his motorcycle and I am glad that it is getting used and we are saving gas money!


I also started a new job about the same time. I am working at Emeritus Assisted Living Center in the memory care section, working with residents with dementia and Alzheimers. I actually like it a lot more than I expected to and I have become fairly attached to the residents in a short period of time. One of the residents had a fall last week and two more in the last couple of days, leading to her passing away last night. I was not prepared for how deeply the news affected me. My eyes filled with tears and all day at work I was looking for her. I sure will miss her. I am also learning a lot about how to work with residents with dementia and Alzheimers, which can be fairly difficult. It has been a great experience so far.


The next really wonderful change is having Connor Joseph join the family! My sister-in-law, Amy, had him on June 30th, the day before her birthday. A great birthday present to us all! I cannot get enough of his cuteness. I could seriously hold him and look at him all day long. He had a little stint in the NICU, but is doing great now. His big sisters and brother ADORE him. Max calls him his buddy-probably the cutest thing I have ever heard.




 Peter needs a baby, don't you think?? 
I adore this picture because this is exactly what happens when you sit down to hold Connor. He has quite the fan club for such a little guy.

On to more changes: Yay for married friends!! Kate got married June 1st and Jessica got married June 6th. Now if only I could convince them to move to Salt Lake so we can hang out more....


Pretty sisters
Pretty friends

Photo: So happy together!
So beautiful and happy

The last change is that my friend, Britny, went on a mission today. She is going to her absolute favorite place in the world, New York City, and I could only be happier for her if she wasn't leaving me. We all went to lunch on Monday because it's tradition to go to lunch for all our July birthdays (Britny's is the 17th, mine is the 18th, and Kate's is the 31st), and to say good-bye to Brit. It was as enjoyable as always, but we missed Shannon.


I remembered one more change, this one not happy. One of my counselors got called to the Stake Relief Society Presidency, so I have to get a new one. This happened almost three weeks ago and I am no closer to a full presidency. It is so stressful to figure it all out. I'm sure the Bishop is wondering what is taking me so long, but I just do not know what to do. I am working on it, but it sure is slow going.

1 comment:

  1. This is the 2nd birthday celebration I have missed! Lame! But you all look beautiful and happy and amazing. The end.

    ReplyDelete