Friday, February 22, 2013

I made a bench

If I were a real DIY blogger, I would have pictures of the whole process. But, alas, I am not a real DIY blogger, so you'll just have to imagine. Plus, I did half of this project in my parents' garage in the middle of winter, so the lighting would have been terrible and my fingers were much too numb to push the shutter of a camera.

Imagine two boxes painted dark brown, some foam, a big piece of particle board and some zebra fabric.

I just sanded the boxes down, painted them white, and laid them on their side next to each other. 

To make the top part I put foam on top of the particle board and wrapped the material around. I stapled the fabric to the underside of the board. I tried to pull it all tight, but there are parts that give a little too much.

But, all in all, I think my first project involving a staple gun was a success. 




This little bench has proved to be very useful so far. Even Peter said this was a great project idea. Win!

2 comments: